You’ll just have to look this one up, because I can’t find a video of it. But I heard it on my ipod this morning and the words really sang to me (pun intended!) Here’s the part of the song I’m talking about.
I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody’s Business - [Untitled Track 3] :
you’re always in control
you never make a big deal
you always are your own
you never need someone to feel good for yourself,
you always watch yourself
after everyone else
you never change a shoe
because it’s always on the right foot
we’re all finding ways
to find ourselves
through these broken, fallen, walls that we call
we call our own
and we’re never looking away
hopefully someday we can just stay young
"1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you."
— Sixteen Small Steps to Happiness (via pigmenting)
Pretty cool, definitely all things I would love to do in an ideal setting.
I recently printed off about 150 pictures from my years at KU since I hadn’t printed any (on photo paper) at any other time. This means about 30 pictures per year, which doesn’t sound like many, but 2 or 3 representing every month actually seems like a good amount.
Anyway, I haven’t scrapbooked since I did the photos from all of my senior year of highschool, which was probably 150 pictures on its own, haha…so I need to use my last binder that I had left and get to scrapbooking!
Just downloaded the free warped tour sampler, granted I only wanted a couple songs, but anyway! I now have Go Radio, “I Won’t Lie”, which I’m pretty excited about. I was listening to a lot of Go Radio (and just a lot of spotify in general) while I was working in studio this spring but now haven’t been lately…so now that I have this song (for free and legally!) on iTunes, I’m pretty stoked. The Tonight Alive song is good too, by the way! I’m sure many people like a lot of the other songs, but I’m pretty excited about these two. Hooray!
looking for more free and legal music? don’t forget about purevolume.com. or if you’re good on funds, just go buy some music, too :)
"When you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you’ll never get back. Your time is your life. That is why the greatest gift you can give someone is your time."
— Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life (via rainydaysandblankets)
(Source: simply-quotes, via isleofviewblog)